Some examples of recent assignments:
- Development of an evaluation framework – CLES Consulting developed a comprehensive evaluation framework to enable the HCA to accurately measure its performance and articulate its impact within the sustainable communities sector;
- Evaluation of Local Enterprise Growth Initiative (LEGI) – CLES Consulting was commissioned to conduct an evaluation of the Norwich LEGI programme. The wide ranging evaluation (involving SROI) has shaped investment decisions and the direction of the programme over the remaining two years;
- Assessing the response of local authorities to the recession – Yorkshire Cities, a partnership of nine local authorities, commissioned CLES consulting to undertake a study to assess how local authorities have responded to the increase in unemployment since the recession. We have developed a toolkit that enables local authorities to assess, against best practice, their responses to increased unemployment;
- Economic analysis, forecasting, and action planning – The South East Diamonds for Investment and Growth Partnership commissioned CLES Consulting to assess the development of emerging sectors and establish their future growth potential over the next 5 to 10 years. We developed an action plan that identified policy actions to take forward to government and regional agencies;
- Review of regional strategy evidence base – The NWDA commissioned CLES Consulting to manage an independent peer review of the region’s evidence base that will inform the forthcoming Regional Strategy. We scrutinised the evidence base and made recommendations on good practice;
- Evaluation of the impact of a well-being programme – CLES Consulting is working with the Big Lottery Fund to assess the impact of its national well-being programme. This evaluation is using innovative techniques to assess impacts upon various strands of well-being including, mental health, physical activity and healthy eating.
For further information or more detail on these examples please contact Jonathan Breeze, Director of Consultancy on 0161 236 7036.